As you may have gathered from the title of this post, as well as from the picture to the right, Ryan played soccer in the house today.
Why would he do that, you might ask yourself. Actually, I asked him that aloud as he was violently kicking the ball around. His reply was, "It's my house, I can do it if I want. All my life I've been told 'no' so now I want to."
I predicted that everything his mother had warned him would happen if he kicked a ball inside the house would inevitably still happen if he did it now. I wonder if he listened...
A few minutes after I had warned him several times about not playing ball inside, I heard him say quickly to Kaylee,"Ooooo. Uh, you're okay, you're okay." He later confessed she got slammed in the head with the ball. Not long after thaat, I saw one of our brand new speakers begin to fall from it's stand, then I saw a flash of Ryan as he tried to save it from falling, and then finally both Ryan and the expensive speaker crashing to the floor.
It may not seem like anything big, but at that moment I felt as if I already had two children, one of whom was acting only a few years older than the baby.
Christmas 2012
13 years ago
3 comments:
Now I don't feel as bad that Vanessa knocked that speaker down last time we were there. I hope we will still be able to here Jack screaming in surround sound.
O ryan when are you going to learn!? You do know that you are setting a bad example for kaylee. But like mom said you never did like the word no. But that's still no excuse.
Sometimes that opportunity to say "I told you so" is waaaay too available! Ah well, at least the crash didn't involve the already "tagged" Kaylee.
Post a Comment