Thursday, September 07, 2006

Highlights

We all had quite an exciting night last night. We were sound asleep until about 3:30am when every fire detector in the house started going off. It was terrifying. Ryan and I jumped out of bed and started checking each room in the house for smoke or for any sign of the fire. After a few minutes, Ryan found a way to turn off all of the alarms so as not to wake up Kaylee (she slept right through the alarms, amazingly).

I was pretty okay until Ryan told me the detectors were also carbon monoxide detectors, and since there was obviously not a fire, I started imagining headlines for the next day if we ignored the alarms and simply went back to sleep: "Family of Three Found Dead: Police Wonder Why Family Ignored Alarms," or something like that. (You know how your mind wanders.)

So, to make a long story longer, we felt it best to call 9-1-1 and ask for help. They told us to get out of the house just in case it was a problem with carbon monoxide, so we did have to wake up Kaylee, but she seemed pretty interested in watching the police, fire, and ambulance workers come in and out of our house. They informed us that something as simple as a spider or some dust triggered our alarms and that everything was okay. We apologized several times for making them come out, but they insisted it was fine and they think it's better to be safe than sorry (as do we).

It was all pretty unreal and we are SO grateful nothing was really wrong. We decided we need to purchase a few things like fire extinguishers and rope ladders as well as to create a plan of what we'd do if there really was an emergency. We were really not prepared, so it was kind-of a wakeup call for us.



And on to happier moments:




Kaylee likes to sit on chairs now. It makes her feel like a big girl!













She also loves the camera and always stops what she's doing so she can come get it. It's cute, but then I don't catch on film the cute thing she was already doing... oh well! (Notice the front teeth? Cute, huh?!)











This is Kaylee pulling out all of her books one by one. This is the reason I rarely bother straightening up her toys- she just follows me as I clean and undoes what I do! This is also the reason we're moving the play area upstairs- so it can stay the way she wants it!














Will Ryan ever learn?! For the second time I was asking Ryan not to play with the ball in the house, reminding him of what happened the last time he did it, and for the second time he ignored me. THIS time, the ball found its way to a glass sitting on the counter. The picture is to document what happened and will perhaps be pulled out later at a Family Home Evening to remind us to always be obedient and listen to Mommy.











This is Kaylee and I oustide the Salt Lake temple for a wedding we were there for. I guess I had the picture zoomed in a lot more when I was looking at it earlier because it was much more obvious that things are getting pretty tight around my mid-section!








Kaylee likes to help Mommy clean!












This is one of Kaylee's favorite spots: the pots and pans cupboard! If you look closely, she's got a book in there as well as a few snacks for when she gets hungry!











Kaylee has one or two pairs of pajamas where when you put them on, her hands don't come all the way out. Usually only about three fingers, sometimes four, are visible/usable. Ryan and I think it's very funny, and Kaylee actually claps every time we put them on her! I think she likes the funny noise it makes when her fabric-covered hands come together!







This could very well be my new favorite picture of Kaylee. We were at the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. in Salt Lake when Kaylee found a vent blowing up air. She loved it! People walking by thought it was totally funny, too! We've got a little Marilyn Monroe in the family- watch out! (She did have a onesie on underneath!)






Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for checking them out!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of kaylee! she's so adorable. Christine I agree that picture of kaylee above the vent is now my favorite picture also. makes me want to come live with you so I can see all the fun things kaylee does!That's kinda scary with your fire alarm but I'm glad everything was okay.