Sunday, April 13, 2008

April (thus far) and the Zoo!

My heart is very full today and I hope you won't mind reading this! I don't like to get mushy, but I am really feeling so blessed and I am so thankful for all that my Heavenly Father has given me, so I thought I would make a short list of my top blessings:
My husband is the perfect man for me and I'm so glad he's mine forever! My girls are healthy and strong, and (less importantly) they're cute and tons of fun! Ryan and I both come from families who are close-knit and strong in the Gospel, and I am blessed to call them family and I love them all very much. We have wonderful friends, both here with us in Utah and also spread out across the country, and we are grateful to know all of them and to feel of their love and support. This has been an interesting past week for us, and I think this next one will beat it out, so I'll have to keep you posted! I lastly give thanks for this Gospel, for the knowledge I have that my Heavenly Father and my Savior live, that they love me, and that they will help me return to live with them. I know it's true.

On a lighter note, here are some eggs! Kaylee thought she'd make some for us, and they really weren't too bad. A little crunchy, though...


Just kidding about the eggs. Anyway, if Ms. Potato Head was real, she might look something like this...
Or this.


This is Kaylee before we left on our mini-vacation! (We just went up to Salt Lake!) She was so excited about it that she didn't sleep during naptime, so as we were loading the car and getting everything else ready, she was out cold!

Here we are at the zoo. Kaylee had never been before, so we were really glad we got to take her.


We're looking at the elephants. I seem to look the most excited out of the three of us!

We tried to get the peacock to put up his feathers, but he wouldn't! He's still pretty, though.


A camel. (I don't know what else to say...!)


Kaylee was not okay with sitting in the front of the stroller, so once I took Alyssa out she jumped in back. (The stroller was nearly impossible to steer with both girls in it. If anyone wants a double stroller for cheap, let me know! P.S. It'd be really cheap.)

Ryan didn't know I had the camera on him- he's naturally photogenic, don't you think? What a cute face!


Zebras. To spot Kaylee, just look for the pigtails!


I thought Alyssa needed a close-up! She's playing with her giraffe toy, and it just so happens that this picture was taken right in front of the giraffes! (It would've been a much cooler story if the giraffes had actually been in the picture. You'll have to take my word for it that we were indeed by the giraffes!)


Ooo, see. We were by the giraffes!


Isn't she cute? You'll have to look closely to see what animal is behind her...

I guess that's all of the pictures. We had a great time, so we're glad we went. Staying over at a hotel was interesting... it was kind-of ghetto and the girls would NOT go to sleep, but we had a lot of fun and even got to go swimming at the hotel. We would've gone to Temple Square after the zoo, but the mall across the street has been demolished (along with many other buildings), so we didn't know where to park or eat! Plus, the girls fell asleep in the car and we thought it best just to come home. It was a nice trip- short and sweet!

2 comments:

Heather H said...

How fun!! It looks like you all had a great day!

Sally said...

Super cute pictures! Thanks for sharing your heart, it was inspiring.